Petra, for the character meme :) ...or if someone has already asked that, um, Nanaba?
- How I feel: Petra is perfect. Perfect new mentor for Eren (ALLOW ME TO POINT OUT FOR THE 3859235TH TIME THE SUPERIORITY OF HIS FEMALE MENTORS TO HIS MALE ONES), perfect team manager for the ops squad, perfect way to do an exposition character, infusing her dialogue with quirks and cues about her own personality and personhood—and possibly the scouting legion’s sole well-adjusted member, I’d guess due to her immense open-mindedness which is not a common scouting legion trait.
- Romantic OTPs: Auruo, Levi, Marlo from the military police and Rico from the stationary troops (these don’t have to be logical ships, do they? I can ship side-characters based on mutual integrity and how thrilled her dad would be at the prospect of such upstanding spouses?)
- Non-romantic OTPs: HANJI, who must have loved her to pieces and gotten along well with her thanks to how indulgent she is of others’ foibles, and Irwin, who I like to think thought of her as the daughter he
told the whole world to treat as her enemynever had.
- Unpopular opinion: I don’t know if this counts as one, but I think it’s significant and powerful that Petra, a beloved daughter in a dangerous situation with a shown father who desperately wanted her to stay safe, was murdered by Annie, a beloved daughter in a dangerous situation with a shown father who desperately wanted her to stay safe.
- A thing I want to [have] happen/ed in canon: I want to see Eren’s grieving process for Petra in particular, not just the ops squad as a general vague unit. She was the one who made overtures towards him and with whom he had the most overt, personalized bond; she deserves to be treated as a unique individual by the narrative.