Posts tagged clash of kings
- First off, was so excited that Neil Marshall (Dog Soldiers! The Descent!) directed this episode. And he likes his gore chunky and goopy and extreme. This episode was no exception, and that’s saying something for Game of Thrones/HBO.
- Between this and Lord of the Rings, I wonder if all horror movie directors make such good fantasy epic directors?
- Speaking of LotR, Tywin coming to the rescue was like Rohan coming to the rescue, but only if I hated Rohan (I don’t). I’m a King Stannis backer all the way, though, so it was also kinda like if Sauron won.
- How super lucky is Sophie Turner is to be acting with Peter Dinklage? The Tyrion/Sansa interactions are great. Looking forward to more ;)
- Drunk Cersei reminded me so much of Keira Knightley…the jutting lower jaw and all that.
- The soundtrack is so good! I can’t wait til its’ official release. It’s on YouTube, at least.
- When I first heard the track “I Will Keep You Safe”, I kept wondering who they would play it for. The obvious choice was the SanSan scene, but it ended up being a Cersei/Tommen scene. But then Sandor and Cersei and Shae all said it in this episode, which was kinda a cool theme.
- I thought I read somewhere that they were gonna kill someone important this episode? I thought for sure they were gonna kill Bronn. Glad they didn’t.
- I am also glad they didn’t cut off Tyrion’s nose, because Peter is quite handsome and I really like looking at him.
- Oh yes, and the ending. Loved it. The visual of Cersei and Tommen on the throne in a dark and empty room, the fact that Cersei didn’t have Joff with her, that she went to sit on the throne herself.
- And Cersei wanting to kill Tommen in order to protect him. Because she remembers the rebellion that made her queen, and what became of the previous royal family.
- I don’t think the series has mentioned this much, except Maester Aemon, but to me it’s part of what makes the Mountain and Lannisters so evil. On Tywin’s orders, Amory Loach (Jaqen’s 2nd kill in the show) dragged the 5- or 6-year old princess out from under a bed and stabbed her 50 times, and The Mountain smashed the baby prince’s head against a wall before raping and murdering his mother.
- So, yes, Cersei, I wouldn’t want to have my child or myself taken alive either.
MY THOUGHTS/HOPES FOR NEXT WEEK:
(beware, le spoilerz)
Read more …
GAHHHHHHH MY SUMMER IS FINALLY LOOKING UP.
I have logged onto WiC.net for so long for something SOMETHING. Not that Margaery isn’t cool. But I love Brienne. And I saw some ranting about the actress not being ugly enough but really. Whatever.
This is so exciting. And the gal is 6’3ish, and I’m sure she’ll have a chance to get fairly buff within the next few months (if she hasn’t been already), and anyways, she’ll be wearing armor the whole time, right?
So yeah. Fantastic. I’M SO EXCITED.
(Now give me moooooooore)